Saturday, December 19, 2009

Infosys, Cordys at MEC

My Eighth Semester at MEC has begun and my first happy news is that I am placed in Infosys!!
The Infosys Recruitment Drive was on 17th December,2009. Out of the 180 students who had taken the written test, 48 of us cleared and 46 finally made into the company.

The written test consisted of 2 papers:
1. Logical and Analytical Reasoning
2. Verbal Ability
There was individual cut offs for each section.
HR Interview followed and I was fortunate to get a very experienced, energetic and jovial person from Infosys to interview me. He made me feel quite comfortable during the interview.

Yesterday i.e 18th December, "Cordys" came for recruitment in MEC. I was again one among the 17 lucky people who cleared their written test which consisted of Aptitude and Technical Sections..
First Tech Interview went really cool! I had almost confidently answered all questions...but was rejected! Maybe it was because I said yes, when asked if I was placed in Infy. :-P

I am just wondering if I have to go for higher studies or industry straight away!!! I would be very happy if I get some experienced advice regarding the pros and cons of my above concern.

Couple of companies had come in the seventh semester for campus recruitment in Model Engineering College. Capital IQ, Subex, Smartcrowds were among those, but they just took a handful of our students.

Many more companies are yet to visit MEC in the months to come especially after the 6 month freeze in recruitments to IT industry.

Now Hope to improve my skills in various departments with a free mind!!!

Bye!

5 comments:

Ajeya said...

congrats

nkovidreddy said...

How many students did CORDYS recruit from your university????

Narayanan K said...

They just took 4 from our college..

nkovidreddy said...

How much is the pay?? and can u please give me tips and could u please add me on nkovidreddy@gmail.com

I have that interview could u please help me out

Narayanan K said...

The pay was 3.5 lakh per annum.

Cordys Written Test: Prepare basic Quantitative ability(time, Distance, Work, Averages, Mixtures, Percentages, Profit Loss, Logic Reasoning) and basic Technical Questions (mainly Java, OOPs, SQL, DB etc..) for the written test...

Interview - 2 technical and 1 HR...U need to convince them about your conceptual understanding of concepts....

All the best!!!