Wednesday, June 11, 2008

J2EE at NIIT

Dunno what prompted me to join NIIT to study J2EE. It maybe because of my friends who joined course after course in various centres or because I got a scholarship through their All India NITAT exam which they had conducted......

Anyways, I had some work at hand during sundays after the 4th semester examinations. I was given around 12 books as the material for my J2EE course. I had some basic knowledge in java because we had our Data Stuctures based in Java in 4th sem.

I was told my first examination would be on 8th june.The topics for the exam were as follows:

1. Java Fundamentals
2. Programming in Java
3. Packages and Streams
4. JDBC and Java Beans
5. Remote method Invocation (RMI)

These subjects started interesting me once I started to really look into them. The JDBC and Java bean concepts were really interesting.
Finally the day arrived and I had the exam at 9 in the morning. The exam consisted of around 52 Questions(Multiple choice). The pass mark was 50%. If we couldn't pass, we had to write supplementary exams in order to get a Merit Certificate. the duration of the test was 80minutes. The result would come out 5 minutes after the exam. I got pretty ok questions and I managed to finally get 75%.
My J2EE classes shifted to weekdays.

No comments: